Patagonia Foot Tractor Wading Boots - Felt (Built By Danner)
Providing heavy-duty support and protection for the most demanding wading, the Foot Tractors are the most durable, highest-performing wading boots possible; built by Danner in the USA with full-grain leather and Vibram® Idrogrip soles.
Before Patagonia could build the best wading boots ever made, they had to define the word “best.” After much collaboration with their designers, ambassadors and anglers from around the world, not to mention countless hours of in-the-water research, here’s what they came up with: The best wading boots need to be ultra-comfortable and supportive for long days in heavy water. They should grip subsurface terrain, muddy trails and the occasional cross-stream log. They must drain quickly and avoid holding excess water. And on top of being tough as nails, they need a lifetime measured in decades. Finally, as they all agreed, not looking like Frankenstein boots would be a plus. Once they knew exactly what they wanted, the world-renowned Danner Boots came into the frame. Patagonia combined their fly-fishing experience with Danner’s legendary quality and craftsmanship to create a wading boot beyond all others—each one proudly made by hand (with imported parts) in Portland, Oregon. Their flexible, waterproof full-grain leather provides foot-conforming comfort, support and protection, while stitch-down construction creates a wide, stable base that’s easily resoled when the need arises. The adjustable lacing system has traditional eyelets across the forefoot and speed lacing through the ankle; the speed lacing provides easy tightening, supports the ankle when wading on uneven surfaces and helps lock the heel in place. And speaking of soles, when we say “sticky rubber,” we mean sticky, as in Vibram® Idrogrip, which compresses into the natural nooks and crannies of submerged rock for serious grip. They’re the best boots Patagonia has ever made, and they believe they’re the last ones you’ll ever need to buy. Soles accept studs for additional traction.
- Waterproof full-grain leather treated with a PFC-free saline solution tanning process for improved resistance to breakdown, even in salt water; the leather can be reconditioned as necessary
- Tough 1,000-denier nylon paneling provides excellent abrasion resistance
- Upper is stitched to 5mm rubber midsole for stability underfoot; a second, lower midsole is made from water-resistant polyether polyurethane that adds additional comfort and support
- Adjustable lacing system has traditional eyelets across the forefoot and speed lacing through the ankle; the speed lacing provides easy tightening, supports the ankle and helps lock the heel in place
- Perforated drains on both sides of boot upper clear water quickly; for faster dry times, upper design is free from unnecessary foams and backer
- Stitch-down construction creates a wider platform for more stability, helps protect the boot sidewall and allows the boots to be resoled by Danner
- Vibram® Idrogrip sole compound specially developed for maximum grip on wet surfaces; the sole offers great all-around traction for long approaches and mixed streambed footing such as rock, gravel and mud
- 1950 g (68.8 oz)